Thursday, January 24, 2013

T-One Bottle Cage and Undercover - How to Secure your Bike

As mentioned that I will do a review on the accessories I bought at this little gem hidden in the west.
The T-One Bottle Cage - only 24grams
Unlike conventional bike cage - this one allows you to rotate your cage according to your  style of reaching out for your bottle!
Using a normal Ikea allen key to remove the screws on the Ferrari Bike
You can use both screws that came with the cage or with the bike - I used the T-ones with plastic washer which will not scratch the bike.
Got it on the bike - Isn't the color just matching with the bike?
The cage is turned slightly to my left as I use my left hand during cycling to reach for my bottle, this is for my stronger right arm to hold the bike.
Matching Nike water bottle to complete the look.

Another product which I bought and I find it very useful is the T-One undercover wireless alarm.
Though it does not have a GPS tracking which will be rather costly given that we need a mobile sim card on it, this alarm feature is quite useful for my usage. Because I often lock the bike and place it at a nearby wall or rail while I am having brunch or dinner along the cafes or restaurants by the river, or street. This alarm prove to be useful in alerting me if someone is trying to touch my bike and will scare them off attracting passersby. Yes, it will not help if I locked the bike at an MRT/void deck and hope it is still around after 8hrs or a couple of days later. But for short term parking, it is ideal and allows me to chase after the bike thief as I can track it up to 300m ahead.

The packaging comes with instructions and 2 set of batteries each for the master and slave device.

It comes with the slave device which I have hidden and screwed it together with my bottle cage.
This is also a 102db loud emitter which I will demonstrate later.
The Slave device screwed under my cage.

Back of the master device which is also a tracker to the slave device
The tracker has 2 buttons and in this case the left (bottom) and the right (top) which is all you need to use this device. There is a set of LEDs located in the tracker which will indicate the strength of the slave device up to 300m.
2 buttons to mute the alarm (left) and also another button (right) to activate the tracking.
You can hear from my video, even with the loud background street noise, it is rather loud. There is an accelerometer chip in the slave device and if there is a movement, as you can see my video, a slight 1cm move forward already triggers the alarm.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'd like to know where you got the alarm from and how much? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please click in the 'little gem' in the first paragraph, I link the shop MKP bikes' website. The alarm is not costly, under a $100 I believe, sorry it has been over a year since I bought it.

    ReplyDelete