Friday, May 17, 2013

My new classic Ferrari bike - FB2401

So I did it, out of the blue and the fact I need another smaller road bike to be used in USA; I went to buy the FB2401. It is just too pretty after seeing it on SPIN magazine.

And I did what all bike owners would do...test it! And guess what, I brought a road bike to the Railway track trail! Have always wanted to go find the trail and finally found a few suitable entry points along Alexandra Road as well as Spooner Road, I went to try it out. Love the fact that the trail is very unknown and raw.

A lot of greenery along this track. Very bumpy because it is still pretty much undiscovered.
The bike handled well on the road despite the smaller frame but actually was an advantage handling the side curbs and railings due to the shorter handle bar compared to my mountain bikes. But to handle this trail, goes to show this bike is built to last and could handle the bumps and gravels along this trail.

Got my bike all set up, though it is primarily a road bike. Love the white seat!
It is a light ¬10kg frame which is perfect for me to ship to USA.

Careful on the fallen trees and branches all over the trail, easily one can fall at the gravel and muddy portions, many parts of the trail need to dismount and push.
 I just love the looks of this bike as it turns heads thinking it was a retro single speed bike. But it is actually a 7 speed 24'' road bike decent enough to handle tough trails like the new green corridor railway track.




3 comments: